We know that choosing the right school for your child can be a stressful process and we want you to feel confident and assured when applying for a place at The Hills. In these different times we are not able to offer you a visit to our lovely school and we are really sorry about this. However, there is lots of information on the website and we will offer zoom meetings with Moya Whitehead, our Headteacher.
Here is a summary of what you may need to know:
- We accept children into our nursery In September following their third birthday. If there are spaces in January or April we may be able to offer a place but we are not able to reserve them
- Nursery children can attend on a full, or part time basis – and five sessions per week are currently funded by the government
- We can accommodate children for up to 30 hours and if you are eligible you can apply for extra funding through the HMRC website
- The nursery has the capacity for 26 children in the morning and 26 in the afternoon
- Admissions to the nursery are decided by the school
- Children may join our reception classes in September following their fourth birthday
- Admissions to the reception classes through to year 6 are decided by the local authority. Unfortunately, a place in the nursery, does not guarantee a place in our reception classes
- Reception to year 6 consists of two classes per year group, containing up to 30 children in each class
- Applications for primary schools are usually required to be submitted by early January for a September start
- More information can be found in this section, or on the Bedford Borough website
- Please see the option Our Learning to watch video introductions from the teachers in Nursery and Reception.