In Art this half term we have been learning about the artist Vincent Van Gogh
Here are some interesting facts about him:
- He was born in 1853 in the Netherlands and died in 1890 in France
- He was most famous for his landscapes and self portraits
- Van Gogh often found himself without any money, so to save money he would paint on towels!
- Did you know that Van Gogh ended up with only one ear? Some say he cut it off himself! But others say that it was his friend who chopped it off in a sword fight!
- Van Gogh only became popular after his death. His works now sell for millions!
We created a landscape in the style of Van Gogh and focussed on using thick brush strokes and bright colours. We also wrote about what we like and dislike about his paintings in our sketch books. Take a look at what we have been up to in our GALLERY!